- 1 cup of oats (I use rolled Organic Oats)
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinamon powder
- Crushed seeds from 2 cardomon pods
- Teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- Handful of dried fruit (sultanas, figs, dates etc)
- Handful of nuts (pistachio, cashew, brazil etc)
- Sprinking of seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame etc)
- Sliced banana
- Honey, maple syrup or agave nectar to taste
Soak all of the above ingredients. In a rush I do this for 5 mins, when I have time I leave it for 30 mins. Bring to the boil in a pan. Simmer for 5 mins. Take off the heat and leave for 1 min.
A wonderful way to start your day. Balanced, energising and tasty.